Terms and Conditions
Thank you for choosing Thatched Eaves for your stay in the New Forest. We very much look forward to welcoming you and want to ensure your stay is as enjoyable and memorable as possible. When making your booking you are entering into an agreement with us. Please take a moment to read our terms and conditions below:
General Booking Information
- Bookings can be made by telephone, email or by using our online booking system.
- Prices indicated on our website are per bedroom (based on double occupancy) and include a Full English Breakfast and all taxes
- We reserve the right to change our prices at any time. This does NOT affect bookings already made.
- Bookings made via online travel agents may be subject to differing terms and conditions in force at the time of the booking.
- Children of all ages are permitted to stay at Thatched Eaves. This is by prior arrangement only and at an additional charge per child.
- Well behaved dogs are permitted to stay in some of the accommodation at Thatched Eaves. This is by prior arrangement only and at an additional charge of £15 per pet. PLEASE NOTE: Dogs must NOT be left in the room unattended, other than whilst guests are enjoying their breakfast, and must remain on a lead at all times within the grounds.
- We have used our best endeavours to accommodate less able guests at Thatched Eaves although we are unfortunately governed by the restrictions in place due to our Heritage listing.
- During peak times we reserve the right to offer a minimum of two night stays only. Please however check with us as sometimes we might have gaps which fit in with you.
- If you or any member of your party have special requirements – ie. dietary – please do let us know at the time of booking.
- Credit or debit card details are required to secure a reservation. No money is taken from your card when you book online for your accommodation.
- If you cannot secure your booking with a credit or debit card then full payment in advance is required (via BACs)
- We accept payment by cash, credit or debit card.
- Once you have secured your booking with credit or debit card details (or full payment via BACs) you will receive confirmation by email. If for any reason you do not receive this please do contact us as soon as possible.
- Please check all booking information is correct and inform us of any amendments that need to be made.
- An email reminder of your booking will be sent 7 days prior to your arrival.
Arrival and Departure
- Your accommodation is available to you from 4pm on the day of your arrival. Check in time is between 4pm – 7pm.
- If you are delayed in arriving or expect to arrive after 7pm kindly let us know as soon as possible.
- We will do our utmost to accommodate an early check in. Please contact us by telephone to discuss your requirements.
- If you have arranged an early check in we cannot guarantee that your bedroom(s) will be available for your use on arrival. You can safely leave your bags and collect your keys.
- If for any reason an early check in is no longer required please let us know as soon as possible.
- On the day of departure please vacate your room by 11am. Please ensure that you leave the room in a respectable state.
- Please ensure all keys are returned on departure. A charge of £25 per key will be charged if keys are lost or not returned.
- Any outstanding payments due will be taken from your credit or debit card, unless paying by cash.
During your stay
- Rooms are serviced between 11am and 3pm. If you are not planning on being out during these times please let us know.
- Guests are not permitted to have visitors to their rooms.
- There is a strict NO SMOKING policy (including the use of e-cigarettes) at Thatched Eaves, in the bedrooms, the breakfast room and within the grounds. We are a thatched cottage! Please note that any offending guests may be asked to leave immediately and may be liable for the cost of professional cleaning of any rooms and also any outstanding balance of nights booked but not taken due to early departure.
- There is one off road parking space reserved for each bedroom. We cannot however accept responsibility for any loss or damage to guests’ vehicles. Any contents left in your car are also entirely at your own risk.
- We do all we can to ensure that our guests’ belongings are safe and secure at all times. We cannot however accept responsibility for any loss or damage to guests’ property whilst at Thatched Eaves (in your bedroom, the car park or the grounds). Please ensure you lock your room when you are out.
- Damages and Breakages.
Accidents happen – Please let us know immediately of any damage or spillage so that we can attempt a speedy repair or clean. Damage to furniture, beds, bedding, towels or carpet (including damage caused by pets) will be charged at current replacement costs. Please note that damage caused by fake tan that cannot be removed by cleaning will also be charged. We reserve the right to charge your credit or debit card for any damage caused.
- By using our WiFi service you automatically agree to the terms and conditions of use in force at the time.
- CCTV operates within the grounds of Thatched Eaves, in the car park and in the breakfast room.
- Our aim is to offer all of our guests a relaxing and tranquil stay so we kindly ask our guests to respect the quiet enjoyment and relaxation of other guests.
- Whilst children are welcome to explore the grounds at Thatched Eaves, there are potential hazards – eg. fish ponds. We therefore insist that children must be supervised by a responsible adult at all times.
- We reserve the right to charge for any missing items.
- Any items that have been left at Thatched Eaves after your departure will be held for one month so that guests can arrange for its collection. We may be able to return small items via Royal Mail but this will be subject to a minimum charge of £6.50 per item.
- We reserve the right to terminate, without notice, an individual’s stay where deemed necessary through unacceptable behaviour or as a result of actions which are likely to endanger or offend others. In such circumstances any outstanding balance due on a guest’s account must be settled immediately, no refunds will be made.
We are a small business so cancellations can have a big impact on us. We do however appreciate that unforeseen circumstances can intervene and we will always be as sympathetic and helpful as possible in such cases.
- If you need to cancel your booking please let us know as soon as possible. We ask that you please do this by telephone only.
- We accept cancellations up to 72 hours prior to arrival without charge.
- For cancellations made within 72 hours of your arrival we reserve the right to charge you full payment for your accommodation.
- No refund will be given for non-arrivals or early departures.
- If a minimum 2 night stay applies the cost of 2 nights will be charged.
- Third party bookings.
If the person paying for the booking is different to the person taking up the occupation, the person who pays for the booking may be held responsible for cancellation or non-arrival fees as well as damage or loss. Appropriate charges will be taken from their credit or debit card.
- We advise guests take out travel insurance to cover cancellations.
Thank you for your co-operation. We look forward to meeting you and hope that you have a wonderful stay with us.
Alice and Andrew